Detailed Understanding: Exercise Bikes
Exercise Bike or exercise bicycle or stationary bicycle or Exercycle is popular fitness equipment welcomed by people across the globe. It is a fitness device or equipment comprising of pedals, saddle and handlebars combined together to form a structure similar to a cycle. Exercise bikes are only meant for exercising. They cannot be used for transporting or commuting. This fitness cycle is specially made and designed for working out actively indoors. Exercise Bikes can be well seen in gymnasiums and indoors. With true wheels assembled in this exercise bike, the user gets the feel of cycling in a stationary manner. However, one can even work out on regular bicycles by placing it on trainer or bicycle rollers. Generally racing cyclists often utilize this mode for warming up before their cycling races. These exercise bikes comprise of a device known as cycle ergometer, cycle ergometer or bicycle ergometer. The ergometer is a device which measures and tracks the work out statistics. With ergometer, the user can check out different details with respect to the work out done.
Exercise Bikes are highly efficient for meeting fitness needs. They can be installed in limited spaces; wherever desired. The user can work out with great ease by using exercise bikes. For people who cannot spare out their time for exercising outdoors can easily opt to do some cycling on exercise bikes. Exercising upon a stationary bike does not require any know how of riding a traditional cycle.
Functioning of Exercise Bikes
Exercise Bikes are very simple, easy and comfortable for working out. They can be easily bought and placed in any space available. Spanned in a limited area, the user need not require a huge space for placing the exercise bike. Indoor bikes give out a great sense of working out in homes, gyms, fitness centers, office gyms, etc…, Cycling on an indoor exercise bike is safe and comfortable. Though the person feels a bit apprehensive in trying exercise bikes at first go, slowly and gradually one gets used to it.
The user needs to first be seated on the seat provided in exercise bike before initiating with the further process. Handle Bars are similar to the handles of a regular bicycle. With the help of these handlebars; the user can take the support for sitting upon it. There are paddles placed in the lower portion of the exercise bike. The user needs to tilt a bit towards the handling bars along with holding it and further proceed with cycling the paddles. The paddles are supposed to be rolled over in the clockwise direction for initiating the workout process. Exercise Bikes act as a great toner for the user. It tones the muscles of the body especially, thighs, buttocks and hip area. Similar to aerobic exercises, exercise bikes speed up with the pace of working out indoors. Users can easily find computerized as well as non – computerized exercise bikes. However, computerized bikes are majorly seen in every place. It comprises of a digital screen which records every data with respect to work out. As soon as the user paddles, the meter immediately starts functioning. The user can find details with respect to paddle movement, calorie, heart rate, etc…, Users can select from three different types of exercise bikes namely, traditional, upright stationary bikes and recumbent (semi – reclined) bikes. Upright bikes are stationary; quite similar to the traditional ones. In recumbent bikes, the user needs to place the feet in the front; rather downwards. These bikes are best for people suffering from back issues.
Benefits of Exercise Bikes
Exercise Bike is a stationary form of regular bicycles. It is a great fitness equipment; enhancing and toning the body structure. Explore the following benefits of working out on exercise bikes:
1. Boost and enhance body fitness: Cycling is greatly preferred as a workout activity. With exercise bikes, each and every part of the body gets equally exposed to fitness. With consistent paddling, the thighs, hips and buttocks areas are highly impacted.
2. Improvise muscular flexibility: Exercise bikes strengthen the muscles in the body. The ligaments are greatly rejuvenated and channelized during cycling on exercise bikes. It eradicates stiffness, discomfort and inelasticity from the body. Riding and paddling up channelizes the leg muscles. The flexibility increases across the body. The joints of different body parts get equally benefited with exercising.
3. Cures Spinal Problems: Working out on exercise bikes is highly beneficial for the spine and backbone in the human body. It cures different problems with respect to the spine. It strengthens the backbone, thus making it attuned for longer work out sessions. People with sedentary work profiles must opt-in for using exercise bikes. It relieves the person from excessive chilling pain caused due to backache.
4. Improvises cardiovascular health: Exercise Bikes enable the user to perform aerobic exercises with great comfort and activeness. It channelizes the blood flow towards the heart. Energizing the cardiovascular health of the person, exercise bikes are greatly benefiting the user; preventing him or her from chronic diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, stress, hypertension, thyroid, etc…,
Need for Exercise Bikes
Exercise bikes are great fitness equipments for home as well as a gym workout. Covering hardly any space, exercise bikes can be easily placed in the indoors as well as outdoors. These bikes provide similar benefits as gained by a person cycling a bicycle. It is very essential to purchase and install an exercise bike. It offers a great scope of work out despite of having less space in hand. For people who cannot manage to take out time from their busy schedule for working out can easily opt for exercise bikes. Exercise Bikes have several benefits. It relieves the user from back and body pain. It prevents a person from getting exposed to any such pain like backache, body ache, spinal disorders, etc…, It channelizes blood flow in the body. It tones the body muscles appropriately.
Going for an appropriate Exercise Bike
Before going in for a final purchase decision, it is very essential for a person to choose an exercise bike appropriately. The following are the factors that should be considered for purchasing an exercise bike:
1. Height Adjustments: While selecting an exercise bike, the user should check upon the height adjustment feature. With adjustability, users can easily work out on exercise bikes with great comfort and ease.
2. Seat: Seat of an exercise bike should be capable enough to match up with the size of the user. The user should be able to sit appropriately for working out.
3. Pedals: The pedals should ensure smooth movement and channelization. Presence of straps will be an added benefit for the user.
4. Safety: It is essential to ensure that every part in an exercise bike is well connected to each other. This will ensure the safety of the rider.
5. Weight Rating: The exercise bike should be such that, it can well hold and handle the weight of the rider.
6. Adjustable Intensity: Adjustable workout via exercise bike would enable a user to practice a prolonged fitness regimen.
7. Heart Rate screen or monitor: A digitalized heart rate monitor or screen would enable the user to have a track and recording of user’s personal workout schedule.
8. Warranty: It is advisable to go for only those exercise bikes that promise a prolonged or lengthy warranty time.
Top Brands present for Exercise Bikes:
1. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike: Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike is simply an excellent exercise bike for indoor workout. Comprising of several premium features like smooth chain drive, heavy duty crank and 40-pound flywheel, users would find it really effective. The bike measures 20 x 46.5 x 48.5 inches weighing at 108 pounds.
2. Horizon Fitness RC-30 Recumbent Exercise Bike: Horizon Fitness RC 30 is just best for recumbent exercising. Giving a great shape and fitness to the body, this exercise bike boosts and strengthens the cardiovascular health of the person. The bike measures 66 x 26 x 52 inches and weighs at 105.6 pounds. It can be easily installed in homes and gyms as well.
3. Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Exercise Bike: Stamina Elite Total Exercise Bike works well for semi reclines position. Exercising on this bike is very effective for hips, thighs and buttocks area. The bike measures 52 x 31 x 9 inches and weighs at 117 pounds. The exercise bike is known for its magnetic resistance power. It also possesses a multi-function monitor.
4. Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike: Comprising of twenty workout programs, the Diamondback Fitness 510Sr is recommended for recumbent exercising. It gives out an exceptionally well workout exposure while sitting down. The screen is multi-tasking; thus providing detailed information about the workout. The exercise bike measures 66 x 24 x 36 inches and weighs at 175 pounds.
5. Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike: Schwinn 270 recumbent bike is quite different than other exercise bikes. It comprises of 29 workout programs that offer great exposure to the user. There are two dual LCD window systems in the exercise bike. Weighing at 300 Lbs, the exercise bike is capable and efficient of handling any body weight.
6. Schwinn 170 Upright Bike: Schwinn 170 upright bike is quite different than other exercise bikes. It comprises of 29 workout programs which gives great exposure to the user. There are two dual LCD window systems in the exercise bike. Weighing at 300 Lbs, the exercise bike is capable and efficient of handling any body weight.
7. Sole Fitness SB700 Exercise Bike: Sole Fitness SB700 is finely prepared to meet the needs of indoor and outdoor cyclists. With comfortable and affordable exercise bike, Sole Fitness has strived to meet the needs of the masses. The bike weighs at 149 pounds.
8. Horizon Fitness M4 Indoor Cycle: Horizon Fitness is a stationary, upright exercise bike. It has been developed with the futuristic needs of the cyclists. The bike measures 43 x 19 x 35 inches and weighs at 102.8 pounds.
9. Nautilus R514c (2013) Recumbent Exercise Bike: Nautilus R514c is a highly functional and affordable exercise bike. At the same time, it has 20 workout programs offering a variety to the user. Weighing at 300 pounds, the bike is capable of handling heavy weights as well.
10. Diamondback 910SR Fitness Recumbent Bike: The electric bike is a master piece of Diamondback. With detailed LCD display, the user can well track his or her fitness progress. It measures 66 x 24 x 36 and weighs at 152 pounds.